As an update to our message earlier today on the US Land Border Vaccine mandate coming into effect at midnight tonight, you may find this Fact Sheet with FAQs helpful.
It confirms that there are limited exemptions from the vaccination requirement (including medical contraindications) as follows:
- Certain categories of individuals on diplomatic or official foreign government travel as specified in the CDC Order;
- Children under 18 years of age;
- Certain participants in certain COVID-19 vaccine trials as specified in the CDC Order;
- Individuals with medical contraindications to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine as specified in the CDC Order [see links in the fact sheet for specific guidance on required documentation];
- Individuals issued a humanitarian or emergency exception by the Secretary of Homeland Security;
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces or their spouses or children (under 18 years of age) as specified in the CDC Order; and
- Individuals whose entry would be in the U.S. national interest, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.
At this time, we are not aware of any exemptions related to specific essential commodities, such as medical supplies. Should we become aware of any additional information regarding the measures, we will pass it on.